I didn't start working on the quilt until after moving to Missouri a couple years later. A few of the blocks were sewn "backwards" so I ripped out the vertical seam and sewed them together on the other side.
I purchased purple flannel from Jo-Ann's in Springfield, MO for the backing and binding. I used batting scraps leftover from other quilts - something I hadn't done before!
I used the darning foot on my Bernina 930 Record and hot pink thread to quilt flowers in the solid rectangles and loops in the floral print ones. I quilted the rows from the center out in order to reduce puckering.
For the binding, I trimmed the backing to be 1" larger than the top on each side. Then I folded the backing fabric over to the front and stitched it down (from the front).