The story of these two red and black baby quilts started way back in March 2012. One of the tops was sewn during the ski/sewing retreat weekend (read about that here). I accidently cut two of the squares for the second top, so it did not get sewn together.
The top (and the bricks of the second) just sat and sat and sat.
I finally decided on January 1, 2014 to cut two new squares from the fabric I had purchased for the binding in order to sew up the second quilt. After I did that, I sewed the top in about an hour!
Then the tops just sat and sat.
In October 2014, I decided to give the quilts to longarmer Kathy Michel to quilt (I mean, I obviously wasn't getting them done!). I paid $10 each and had a loops design quilted on them. I got them back from her January 8, 2015.
Then the quilts sat and sat.
As the end of 2015 nears, I've decided to finish as many WIPs (works in progress) as I can so I can start fresh in 2016. All these two needed was a little trim and some binding! Two quick finishes!